Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pre Judgement Day

7:20am

"She Flies With Her Own Wings"
24 hours until I am in line in my Corral F, alone in a sea of thousands, likely holding back tears and also the need to pee.

1 Day til Marathon Day!

I can hardly believe it. When I wrote the first blog back in May, I still had 130 days to prepare for tomorrow. When I first decided to do this run back in late February, I had closer to 190 days to prepare for tomorrow. Now here we are, all these days of preparation (both mental and physical) are going to come into play tomorrow.

I don't have a lot to say right now. Mostly because I am scared ****less. But I will share some race day prep photos, share the map of my route, and other fun photos. If any of you will be out on the course tomorrow, please let me know so that I can look for you at that point! As you can see from the route map, I already have some awesome friends and family sprinkled around the course, which should be enough to propel me to the finish line!

I'm off now for a final shake out run with Vicente, plus packet pick up. After that I am literally just resting at home for the rest of the day, watching marathon documentaries, reading inspirational quotes, probably letting the anxiety build up in my apartment....haha....

My bib number is 22533 and my Corral starts at 8am if you want to watch. If all goes well, I should be done by 12:30pm.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN FOLLOWING AND SUPPORTING THIS JOURNEY!! I will have to make at least one more blog post afterwards to share the agony of race itself.

Nuun electrolyte tablets, Clif Energy Chews,
and lots of Vaseline
Handy pacing chart to wear as
bracelet to keep track of my pace when
my GPS watch inevitably gets off track
while in the Loop
I will be running with all my supporters
names on my arm! Everyone is running the
marathon with me whether you like it or not :)
Race Day outfit for anyone who will be looking for me!







Everything in Purple is a hot spot or someone who will be out supporting me <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment